The AeroPress is a versatile and uncomplicated brewer that can make a number of different styles of brew, and be carried around easily when travelling or commuting. Here’s a simple way to get started - but have an experiment or two, as there are about a million brew methods floating around the internet, some of them are great.
This is a full immersion method, so we will use 70g/L
- Grind 14g of coffee relatively fine, but not espresso fine.
- Boil your water
- Rinse your filter paper disc by flushing hot water through
- Screw on the filter to the body
- Set the brewer filter side down onto your mug or serving vessel. Add your ground coffee
- At 50 of freshly boiled water, give the slurry a quick stir to saturate all your grinds.
- At 30 seconds, fill to 200g, give the whole brew a quick paddle and place the press into the cylinder, working it in to create a seal above the brew, which will stop the brew from percolating through the filter and into the cup.
- At 2:00, take the press out, give the brew a gentle stir, and start pressing down. The whole brew should be finished by around the 2:45 mark.
- Serve and enjoy.